Sunday, April 5, 2009

Concerts, Movies, and Whisky

Right now it's snowing outside. Let me remind you it's April. It is officially spring not winter. Actually, I'm not surprised by the snow. It always seems to snow in April. At least the end is in sight. It probably won't continue to snow into May, will it? That and the fact parking meters have gone way up are making it quite frustrating to live in this city.

On Wednesday, we went to Whisky Fest. I realized I'm not that big of a whisky drinker. Scotch is okay, but I definitely like beer and wine better. The best part about the event was all the free food, soda, and coffee. Oh, and the whisky. They had mashed potatoes with 10 kinds of toppings. Since I really like things my way, touches like this really suite me. I would totally go back again next year, especially if I could score free VIP tixs again.

This past week I saw a couple of concerts. I was disappointed with the Junior Boys show and only sorta liked the Wavves show. I really wanted to go to Morrissey, but I couldn't get on the list and tickets were a lot of money. Plus it was held at a venue I don't particularly like. Someday I will see him, dammit. I heard he took his shirt off. Sigh. Over the weekend I saw three movies. I finally watched the Swedish vampire movie Let the Right One In. I really liked it. It was creepy and had some gnarly scenes. I then watched Happy Go-Lucky, which I was kinda bored with. There just wasn't much of a plot. Tonight I finally saw Slumdog Millionaire. I liked it, but I don't know if it deserved to win Best Picture. I found parts of the movie to be kinda cliche. And it made me want to never go to India. But the music, directing, acting, etc, was first rate.

This coming weekend will be the boyfriend's and I first anniversary. I'm pretty stunned that an entire year has passed and we still like each other. It seems like we've been together for longer. I'm constantly worried what the future holds for us. Neither of us are where we want to be in our lives. I just hope that we can figure things out together and that no matter what happens, we'll just continue to be together. I keep thinking that I know someday I'll want to get married. I have this fear I'll be pushing 40 and be all alone. Hopefully by then I'll at least have a couple of cats. But at the same time, settling down sounds scary. I guess I don't have to decide any of this now, but it's always in the back of my head. Sometimes I just wish it wouldn't be so difficult to decide what to do with our lives. I know eventually things will have to change for both of us.

No comments: